INDEPENDENT BUILDING ENVELOPE CONSULTING
Whether your needs involve obtaining accurate identification of items that require action to address current building envelope related issues, development of suitable approaches for renovations related to facility upgrades or recovery from harsh weather events, as well as the implementation of ongoing preventative maintenance based upon unbiased advice from an expert in the field; MANTA offers a full range of services to efficiently & effectively accomplish what’s needed with confidentially, integrity, and professionalism as its benchmarks.VIEW SERVICES
A/E/CM FIRMS & BUILDERS
BUILDING ENVELOPE REVIEW
MANTA conducts review of building envelope related specifications & drawings for feasibility & enhancements to achieve constructible and durable results, as well as assessment of how LEED goals may impact long term operations and performance. Projects seeking independent third-party QA/QC services rely on MANTA to provide accurate evaluations of where things stand in terms of compliance with building envelope construction requirements, punchlist generation, and follow up on items in question to ensure intended results are achieved.
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
CERTIFIED INSPECTIONS, INFRARED SCANS, AND INDEPENDENT EVALUATIONS
Documentation of building envelope construction is frequently sought by those considering purchase or sale of a facility. MANTA is qualified and equipped to perform certified EIFS/Stucco inspections, infrared moisture scans, and other independent evaluations to establish the status of existing construction, as well as identify whether certain components require attention to meet current industry standards.
BUILDING OWNERS & PROPERTY MANAGERS
TROUBLESHOOT CAUSE(S) OF CHRONIC LEAKS
Informed Owners engage MANTA as a trusted asset with specialized expertise & capabilities to support in-house staff when building envelope projects arise, whether their needs involve NDE moisture surveys, developing scope of work outlines for repairs & renovations to maximize the service life of their facilities, or implementation of MPMP services to maintain warranties & eliminate crisis management situations. MANTA has undertaken numerous assignments to troubleshoot leaks impacting tenant operations, determining if proposals about potential future actions by others are in the best interest of the building’s long term weather tight performance, as well as establishing efficient & effective processes to resolve such situations.
Private entities & public sector preservationists responsible for facility management at historic properties call on MANTA to assist with guidance in selection of appropriate repair & maintenance materials and methods to minimize deterioration of irreplaceable components, or suitable replacement options when salvaging existing items in no longer possible.
NATURAL DISASTER & STORM DAMAGE RECOVERY
INSURANCE CLAIM DOCUMENTATION
MANTA has provided independent documentation required for insurance claims after severe weather has caused damage to our clients buildings, along with generating emergency repair actions & oversight, and establishing long term rehabilitation plans for the recovery of their facilities to operational condition.
TRULY INDEPENDENT RECOMMENDATIONS
As MANTA is not associated with any material manufacturer or construction company, MANTA offers truly independent building envelope consulting services to clients erecting new facilities, as well as assistance to those responsible for management of exterior construction at existing properties.
- American Architectural Manufacturer’s Association (AAMA)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Plywood Association, Engineered Wood Society (APA/EWS)
- American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM)
- Asphalt Roofing Manufacturer’s Association (ARMA)
- Brick Institute of America (BIA)
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Copper Development Association (CDA)
- Exterior Design Institute (EDI)
- Exterior Insulation Manufacturer’s Association (EIMA)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED)
- Metal Roofing Alliance (MRA)
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
- National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)
- Portland Cement Association (PCA)
- Sealant, Waterproofing & Restoration Institute (SWRI)
- Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning National Association (SMACNA)
- Single Ply Roofing Institute (SPRI)
- Texas Lathing & Plaster Contractors Association (TLPCA)
- The Weather Channel (TWC)